Some Random Pictures...

My son recently found my old Nikon DSLR and asked if he could use it, he managed some great shots, Derby Telegraph - Ben Elson

I started looking at new cameras so I could give Ben my old one, my wife made it clear I wasn't going to spending hundreds of pounds on one due to required maintenance on the house, so we came up with a compromise I would sell bits and bobs of random tat on Ebay and see what was available. just over a hundred quid was raised by selling stuff I really won't miss.

Having two lenses already, a short and a long zoom I went body only and got a Nikon D5100 a 16.2 MP camera from a few years ago, when new it was nearly eight hundred quid. I got it for just a hundred and ten with a two year warranty. Cracking bit of kit and because of sensor size an equivelent MP count on a phone would be approaching a 100MP

First time out with it I got these shots of a fire that were used by the Burton Mail Newspaper.



Then this afternoon we went to Moira Furnace (Ben took my old... now his Nikon D50)









Comments